Your totally locally experience
Try something different. Market Town Meanders offers you Slow Tourism, a different kind of tourism that is fun & ethical. Travel like a good neighbour, discover the authentic place, enjoy relaxed car free tours & experiences.
Enjoy a forage through the history and heritage of our towns through the eyes of the people who made them the places they are today.
Try a different kind of tour with your totally locally tourism experience
Join us to celebrate and discover the individual distinctiveness of the magical market towns of the Peak District and surrounding areas. Our Tours are about everything local and will vary depending on day, time of year, other seasonal variations and type of experience but will include some of the following:
- Taste local food and drink and meet some of the producers
- Travel on local buses through stunning scenery
- Explore quirky Independent shops, bars, cafes, & galleries
- Experience traditional and new events, festivals and markets
- Enjoy a forage through the history and heritage through the eyes of the people who made them the places they are today.
This exquisite Grade 2 listed, half-timbered pub with jettied gables under a Welsh slate roof dates back to 1626.read more
Research shows that for every £1 spent with a small or medium-sized business 63p stayed in the local economyread more
What’s in a name-Beer names that make me smile! Clever marketing by brewers sell beer, especially if there is a story behind the beerread more
Join the Market Town Meanders Tribe be the first to receive news, information, tour details and exclusive special offers.
Copyright © Market Town Meanders 2019