A Walk Around my village.
Ellastone and Norbury Hollow.
Hi, I’m David from Market Town Meanders. Join me on a 1 hour 30 minute guided leisurely amble around my quintessentially English village of Ellastone including Norbury Hollow. Explore its history from 9th century Saxon times, through the middle ages, a monastic abbey and a manor house and other buildings of interest to the present day. Understand how the modern-day settlement has evolved including the coming and going of a railway. You will see how they used water power a couple of hundred years ago compared to the modern hydro in use today.
- Listed buildings and churches
- Walk along the River Dove to view the hydroelectric scheme and fish ladder
- Discover local associations with George Elliot and Frederick Handel
- Ancient quarry, source of stone for Calwich Abbey
- Explore off the beaten track on local footpaths. NB There are some stiles and the countryside can be muddy, participating in this tour is at your own risk. Please wear sensible footwear and if rain looks likely, bring a waterproof.
Cost is £12 per person. Please book on this website- see below at the bottom of this page.
Meet by the River Dove bridge in Dove Street, Ellastone, Staffs. DE6 2GY where roadside parking is available.
Covid-19 Good to go accreditation. We will adopt social distancing during this walk which will take approximately 1.5 hours.
Phone David on 01335 324224 / 07380 303200 to arrange a time and day to suit you and/or your party. contact me directly.
Take the next step
Join the Market Town Meanders Tribe be the first to receive news, information, tour details and exclusive special offers.
Copyright © Market Town Meanders 2019