“What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare”W.H. Davies
Come with us , slow down, explore, discover magical market towns
Are you exhausted by the constant pressures of modern life, constantly rushing from one thing to another?
Sick of tick box holidays that leave feeling you didn’t discover the authentic place?
Do you want to spend time exploring the place behind the tourist trail?
David & Rhiannon started Market Town Meanders to bring you a different kind of tourism, that’s both fun & ethical. With us You will travel like a good neighbour, experience the authentic place and enjoy relaxed car free tours & experiences.
Your knowledgeable local guides will take you on a journey of discovery where you will:
- Spend time exploring and discovering the special off the beaten track places only locals know about.
- Enjoy talking to local people about the unique products they make
- delight in tasting local food and drink,
- Discover those interesting craft beers, locally roasted coffee, homemade cakes, freshly baked bread. local wines and the amazing range of flavoured gins, jams, chutneys and other individual products artisan producers offer.
- We want to share the stories of these place, delight you with the enchanting places, products, markets, independent shops, historic buildings, quirky festivals and wonderful scenic locations these magical market towns offer.
- Come with us to discover the authentic market towns using threatened rural bus services which we’ve carefully co-ordinated so that you can relax, enjoy the journey -(it truly is part of the holiday) and take in stunning views you won’t see driving your car.
- Take time to stand and stare – look up look down, wander down passageways, ginnels, learn to read the landscape, talk to locals, taste local produce, forage for treasures in local independent shops.
- You discover the real place through the eyes of locals and the community benefits from visitors who spend more time, shop local and use threatened local buses.
Take the next step
Join the Market Town Meanders Tribe be the first to receive news, information, tour details and exclusive special offers.
Copyright © Market Town Meanders 2019