Market Town Meanders
The original slow tour
Try something different, join one of our new eco-friendly tours using local rural bus services to travel the scenic byways. David will escort you on a fascinating journey to our selection of magical and distinctive market towns in the Southern Peak District area.
He will give you a taste of three towns on each tour. You will share his knowledge about the history and architectural gems to discover the stories of each place. Your tour includes independent shops, quirky cafes and a visit to a vibrant local market when possible. MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TOWNS in our Magical Market Towns Blog
Travel like the local’s travel, eat where they eat and shop where they shop. See these distinctive places through their eyes!
David’s passion is Slow travel, the journey is part of the experience allowing you to sit back and enjoy your journey through the majestic scenery, taking time to see the true Peak District. David’s detailed knowledge of complex local bus timetables means you can just relax and enjoy your day.
The advantages of our tours:
- Eco-friendly travel using existing rural bus services, increasing passenger numbers and protecting these vulnerable services from being withdrawn because of under usage.
- Elevated seating giving better views of the countryside-we’ll tell you which side of the bus to sit for the best views for each journey.
- Having someone else to drive gives you the opportunity to appreciate the countryside.
- No need to worry about parking or parking charges- (parking can be at a premium and difficult to find in the summer months).
- Small groups (maximum of 12 people) provides a friendly relaxed experience with time to chat.
- David will share his passion and local knowledge of each market towns with you and answer your questions.
- Detailed knowledge of the rural bus services, interconnectivity and alternative services should some service not run or break down.
- Supporting the local economy and community by shopping and using independent shops and eating establishments.
What’s included in our Market Town Meanders tours?
Each tour will visit 3 market towns and is circular, finishing at the town where we started. As well as being escorted, you will also have some free time for shopping and sightseeing at each of our stop off points. Each tour will take all day, lasting in the region of 7-8 hours.
- The cost of each tour includes:
- All bus travel between the three market towns visited.
- Light lunch using an independent eating establishment eating locally sourced food .
- Escorted tour with detailed knowledge of each market town, history, shops and markets.
- Detailed knowledge of rural bus interconnectivity- some services are infrequent.
The cost of the tour is £65.00 p.p.
Minimum 2 people,
maximum 12 people
Great for Individuals, Couples, groups, & parties
Take the next step
Join the Market Town Meanders Tribe be the first to receive news, information, tour details and exclusive special offers.
Copyright © Market Town Meanders 2019