What we do
Try something difference experience the Peak District the Totally Locally way
Your hosts Rhiannon and David offer you eco-friendly tours to our marvellous market towns in the Southern Peak District and surrounding area.
Each tour will encompass three towns where we will share our knowledge about the history and architectural gems to be found. You will discover independent shops, buzzing markets (if your visit coincides with market days and vibrant cafes and pubs., We will introduce you to the people behind the products. Travel like a local on a bus, , eat locally sourced food shop where locals shop. See these places through the eyes of a local!
Slow tourism is our passion, taking time to see the true Peak District. We utilise and co-ordinate our rural bus services where you will find the journey through the majestic scenery as rewarding and as important as the destinations. Each tour is limited to 12 participants.
Each town has different origins which have influenced the individual characteristics you see today.
The advantages of our tours.
- Eco-friendly travel using existing rural bus services, increasing passenger numbers and protecting these vulnerable services from being withdrawn because of under usage.
- Elevated seating giving better views of the countryside-we’ll tell you which side of the bus to sit for the best views for each journey.
- The fact that someone else is driving allows you the opportunity to appreciate the countryside.
- No need to worry about parking or parking charges-parking can be at a premium and difficult to find in the summer months.
- Detailed local knowledge of the market towns being visited.
- Detailed knowledge of the rural bus services, interconnectivity and alternative services should some service not run or break down.
- Knowledge of availability of local amenities at each of the towns visited.
- Supporting the local economy by shopping and using independent shops and eating establishments.
Our Market Town Meanders tours.
Each tour will visit 3 market towns and is circular, finishing at the town where we started. As well as being escorted, you will also have some free time for shopping and sightseeing at each of our stop off points. Each tour will take all day, lasting in the region of 7-8 hours.
The cost of each tour includes:
All bus travel between the three market towns visited.
Coffee and cake at an independent café.
Light lunch, again using an independent eating establishment.
Escorted tour with detailed knowledge of each market town, history, shops and markets.
Detailed knowledge of rural bus inter-connectivity- some services are infrequent.
The cost of the tour is £65.00 p.p.
Join the Market Town Meanders Tribe be the first to receive news, information, tour details and exclusive special offers.
Copyright © Market Town Meanders 2019